For more information about graduate studies in the Transregional field please see here.
Research Interests: Pacific History, China, Chinese medicine
- Golden-Silk Smoke: A History of Tobacco in China, 1550-2010, University of California, 2011
- Bubonic Plague in Nineteenth-Century China. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1996.
Research Interests: Colonial America, Atlantic History, Migration
- The Web of Empire: English Cosmopolitans in an Age of Expansion, 1560-1660. New York: Oxford University Atlantic Press, 2008
- Douglas R. Egerton, Alison Games, Kris Lane, and Donald R. Wright. The Atlantic World: A History, 1400-1888. Wheeling, IL: Harlan Davidson, 2007
Research Interests: African History, Colonial Africa, Gender
Research Interests: Late Imperial China, Central and Inner Asia, Xinjiang, Mongolia, Tibet, Frontiers, Ethnicity
- Eurasian Crossroads: A History of Xinjiang. New York: Columbia University Press; London: C. Hurst, Co., 2006
- New Qing Imperial History: The Making of Inner Asian Empire at Qing Chengde. London and New York: RoutledgeCurzon, 2004. (Chief editor; with assistance from Ruth Dunnell, Mark Elliott and Philippe Forêt)
Research Interests: Nationalism, Ethnic politics, 19th- and 20th-century European diplomatic
- The Endurance of Nationalism: Ancient Roots and Modern Dilemmas. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006
- Ethnic Nationalism and the Fall of Empires: Central Europe, Russia and the Middle East, 1914-1923. London: Routledge, 2001
Research Interests: Atlantic World, Slavery, Early National U.S.
- Slave Country: American Expansion and the Origins of the Deep South. Harvard University Press, 2005
Research Interests: Latin America, Mexico, Social, Cultural, Political
- ed., Mexico and Mexicans in the Making of the United States, University of Texas Press, 2012
- Making a New World: Founding Capitalism in the Bajio and Spanish North America, Duke University Press, 2011
- From Insurrection to Revolution in Mexico: Social Bases of Agrarian Violence, 1750-1940. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1986 (Reprint edition, 1989).
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.