For more information about graduate studies in the United States and North America field, please see here.
Research Interests: Colonial America, Atlantic History, Migration
- Alison Games and Adam Rothman, ed. Major Problems in Atlantic History. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2008
- Douglas R. Egerton, Alison Games, Kris Lane, and Donald R. Wright. The Atlantic World: A History, 1400-1888. Wheeling, IL: Harlan Davidson, 2007
- Migration and the Origins of the English Atlantic World. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1999
Research Interests: Race and Revolution in the Atlantic World, African American History and Culture, Social and Labor Movements, History of Washington, D.C.
- Maurice Jackson, Let This Voice Be Heard: Anthony Benezet Father of Atlantic Abolitionism (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2009).
Research Interests: Nineteenth-Century American Cultural History, African-American History
- Ronald M. Johnson with Abby Arthur Johnson. Propaganda and Aesthetics: the Literary Politics of African American Periodicals in the Twentieth Century. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, rev. ed. 1992.
Research Interests: U.S. Social Movements, U.S. Politics, Reconstruction to present
- American Dreamers: How the Left Changed a Nation, Knopf Publishing, 2011
- co-authored with Maurice Isserman, America Divided: The Civil War of the 1960s, 4th edition, Oxford University Press
- editor-in-chief, The Concise Princeton Encyclopedia of American Political History, Princeton University Press, 2011
- ed., In Search of Progressive America (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2008).
Research Interests: Nineteenth Century U.S., Civil War, Reconstruction
Chandra Manning. What This Cruel War Was Over: Soldiers, Slavery, and the Civil War New York: Knopf, 2007.
Research Interests: 20th-Century U.S., social, political, U.S. labor
- Collision Course: Ronald Reagan, the Air Traffic Controllers, and the Strike that Changed America, Oxford University Press, 2011
- Joseph A. McCartin and Melvyn Dubofsky. American Labor: A Documentary Collection. New York: Palgrave-Macmillan, 2004
- Joseph A. McCartin. Labor’s Great War: The Struggle for Industrial Democracy and the Origins of Modern American Labor Relations, 1912-21.. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1997
Research Interests: U.S. Diplomatic, International Oil Industry, Cold War
- The Cold War: An International History. London: Routledge, 1999
- Oil and the American Century: The Political Economy of US Foreign Oil Policy, 1941-1954. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1986
- ed. with Melvyn P. Leffler Origins of the Cold War: An International History. London: Routledge, 2005
Research Interests: Early national U.S., Slavery, Atlantic World
- Slave Country: American Expansion and the Origins of the Deep South. USA: Harvard University Press, 2005
Research Interests:U.S. Diplomatic, U.S.-East Asian Relations
- Dangerous Straits: The U.S.-Taiwan-China Crisis. New York: Columbia University Press, 2005
- ed. China Confidential: American Diplomats and Sino-American Relations, 1945-1996. New York: Columbia University Press, 2001
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.