For more information about graduate studies in the Modern Europe field please see here.
Research Interests: Modern France, Social, Religious
Research Interests: Environmental, Mediterranean, Atlantic
- Mosquito Empires: Ecology and War in the Greater Caribbean, 1620-1914, Cambridge University Press, 20120.
- John McNeill and Verena Winiwarter, eds. Soils and Societies: Perspectives from Environmental History. The White Horse Press, 2006
- Something New Under the Sun: An Environmental History of the 20th-Century World. New York: Norton, 2000
Research Interests: European science and technology (17th-20th century), Modern European intellectual history
- Kathryn Olesko. Physics as a Calling: Discipline and Practice in the Koenigsberg Seminar for Physics. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1991
- Kathryn Olesko, ed. Science in Germany. Philadelphia, PA: Osiris, new series, volume 5, 1989
Research Interests: 19th- and 20th-century European diplomatic, Ethnic politics, Nationalism
- Aviel Roshwald. The Endurance of Nationalism: Ancient Roots and Modern Dilemmas. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006
- Aviel Roshwald. Ethnic Nationalism and the Fall of Empires: Central Europe, Russia and the Middle East, 1914-1923. London: Routledge, 2001
Research Interests: Habsburg Austria, Germany, Central Europe
Research Interests: cultural and political history of twentieth century Germany
- co-writing the chapters 'Transnationalism', 'Becoming an activist: generation, family, peer group', and 'Making sense of radicalism: continuities and reformulation', in Robert Gildea, James Mark and Anette Warring (eds.), Europe's 1968: Voices and Networks of Revolt, Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2012
- ed., Talkin' 'bout my Generation: Conflicts of Generation Building and Europe's '1969', Wallstein Verlag, Gottingen, 2011
- monograph: Hindenburg: Power, Myth, and the Rise of the Nazis, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.